The GNO TV Cookies Notice is written in the clearest way possible, so that it is comprehensible by all the users of the Platform. If you have any question regarding our Cookies Notice, please contact the Greek National Opera Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address email@example.com.
The Cookies Notice is subject to amendments. We recommend that you check frequently our Cookies Notice to get informed for any changes. The Cookies Notice, which is published on the Platform, is the one that applies at any moment. The section entitled “Last modified on” at the end of this page states when the latest modification of the present Notice was made. Should there be any important amendment to our Cookies Notice, we will inform you with a new message during your visit to the Platform. If we make any important amendment, we will ask you to accept it again.
What are cookies?
Cookies are short text files, usually consisting of letters and numbers and which are stored on your device by a website server.
Cookies can be distinguished in “Session Cookies” and “Permanent Cookies” depending on the time they remain stored on your device. “Session Cookies” are stored on your device at the moment when you visit the Platform and are automatically deleted, when you close your browser. “Permanent Cookies” are stored on your device when you visit the Platform and remain stored after you close your browser. “Permanent Cookies” will automatically be activated again when you open your browser again and start surfing on the Internet.
First party and third-party Cookies: Depending on the website or the domain which installs the cookie, cookies are distinguished in “first” and “third-party” cookies. First party cookies are cookies, which are installed by the website that the user visits. Third party cookies are cookies installed by a different domain than the one that the user visited. If the user visits a website, and a third company installs a cookie through this website, this will be a third-party cookie.
We and/or third parties, who offer services on our behalf, categorize cookies as follows. You can deactivate each cookies category (except from the strictly necessary cookies) anytime.
Stricly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential for us to offer you the services you wish through GNO TV. GNO TV uses two strictly necessary cookies:
- cconsent: This cookie stores the user’s cookie consent options. It is a first party cookie and is retained for 2 years.
- nvsite: This cookie identifies the users who have logged in to the platform. The cookie identifies your ticket and gives you access to the performance. This cookie is a first party cookie and is deleted as soon as you close your browser (session cookie).
These cookies cannot be deactivated.
These cookies collect information regarding the way users use the Platform for us to be able to improve it and your experience as users. This information may concern the performances mostly viewed by the users, the time devoted to its performance, etc. The Platform uses Google Analytics for statistics, marketing and advertising.
Our website uses the following performance cookies:
- _ga: This cookie grants you a unique, random user number for us to know the statistics of the visits to GNO TV, so that we are able to always offer you the best browsing experience. This cookie is deleted 2 years after your last visit to the Platform. It is a third-party cookie, set by Google Analytics.
- _gid: This cookie stores other websites you interact with. It is deleted one day after your last visit to the Website. It is also set by Google Analytics.
- _gat: This cookie counts all the users currently viewing the Website. It is deleted 1 minute after you close your browser. It is a first-party cookie.
- __atuvs: This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It is not retained. It is a first-party cookie.
- __atuvc: This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It stores an updated page share count. It is retained for 13 months. It is a first-party cookie.
- visid_incap: This cookie is set by atcom.gr. It stores the user’s preferences to ameliorate the performance of the Website. It is stored for 1 year.
- incap_ses: This cookie is also set by atcom.gr. It relates HTTP requests to a certain session. It is a session cookie.
- .AspNetCore.Antiforgery.: This first-party cookie enhances the security of the Website, providing for an anti-forgery mechanism. It is a session cookie.
Targeting Cookies/ Advertising
These Cookies store your online activities, including your visits to the Internet, the pages you visit, as well as the links and ads you select. One of our purposes is to make the content of our Website more relevant to your preferences. Another purpose is to be able to provide you with ads or other communications designed to be more relevant to your obvious interests.
Providing ads based on your interests may include us, our service providers, and our partners, such as advertisers, data management platforms, and demand-driven platforms. We, our service providers and partners may also add other data to information collected by these cookies, including information obtained from third parties. We may also share this information with third parties to send ads to you.
Our website uses the following targeting cookies:
- loc: It is set by the company AddThis to determine the user’s location, when the user shares content from the Webpage to another page. It is retained for 13 months.
- uvc: It is also set by AddThis. It keeps a record of how often a user interacts with AddThis. It is retained for 13 months.
How to manage cookies
You can activate and deactivate the cookies our website uses, by clicking the blue button with the cookie label.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but offer the option to block or delete cookies. You can activate or deactivate the installation of cookies on your device, by changing the settings on your browser anytime. You can also set the bowser that you use, so that it informs you prior to the installation of a cookie on your device or follow the instructions of your browser to delete any cookies, which have been installed on your device. If you use other devices, you must change the settings of your browser according to your preferences in each of them.
To manage cookies through your browser, choose one of the following hyperlinks:
If you are using any other browser, you can find instructions on managing cookies in the support page of your browser.
You can learn more on Cookies here:
How to contact us
Last modified on: 2/4/2021